November 11, 2008

Kate Winslet Gets Naked in Vanity Fair

I am a huge Kate Winslet fan. Really, has she ever been bad in anything she has been in? Can't think of one thing. She's got two movies with Oscar potential coming out this holiday season Revolutionary Road and The Reader and she appeared on the cover of this month's Vanity Fair.

Here's my problem with the pictures. Kate is one of the actresses who looks like a normal woman. She's beautiful and young, not a stick. She's respected for her work, not her looks. So, why does she need to pose naked? I'm getting really tired of the Vanity Fair and its obsession with the naked actresses. She looks beautiful in the pictures, they are tasteful...but still. I can kind of understand a former fat girl wanting to show off. What do you think?

Here are some quotes from the piece:

"I never had a desire to be famous, I was fat. I didn't know any fat famous actresses. I just did not see myself in that world at all, and I'm being very sincere. You know, once a fat kid, always a fat kid."

"How the hell did I get that lucky [to have two compelling roles] in the same 12-month period?," she says. "It's really rare and remarkable, and I don't take that position lightly. It might not happen like that again; I'm well aware of that. You know, the truth is, I'm just going to bloody well make the most of it."
Isn’t She Deneuvely?